Health & Recreation Grants 2019


Just a reminder that proof of residency is needed for Health & Recreation Grant applications. Any of the following will be accepted:

Grant Application

 The mail that you hand in has to have your name on it. You have to be a Canadian resident to be eligible for the grant.  Handing in ID from the United States is not acceptable and you will not be eligible for the grant.

If you have turned 18 or will be turning 18 before the May 27th distribution, you are eligible to receive the Health & Rec Grant. So be sure to fill out a new application for this year's distribution. Please provide a copy of your status card and a piece of mail (cell phone bill). If you do not have mail that has your name on it and you still live at home, please have your parent write a letter stating that you reside at the address.

If you have recently had a baby, please make sure that you have started the registration process BEFORE you add your baby to the form. Once you have started the registration process, I will get confirmation from Farrah.

Also needed is a copy of your status card and a copy of status card for your child(ren).

Only one application is needed to be filled out for the year.  If you've had a child since the last distribution, please ensure that baby's name is included on your application and proof that you are applying for a status card for your baby.

Dedline and Cheque Issue Dates:

When you hand in a photocopy of the utility bill, phone bill, hydro bill etc. the bill has to have YOUR name and address on it. Also a copy of your status card and copies of status cards for your children.

If you call the office, the receptionists have lists of people who have to do their application and who has to provide more information for the application.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Emmy Morris @ (250) 652-9101 Ext. 303.